The T2 series is the latest 2-stage compressor model designed to deliver a compact and robust construction with its state-of-the-art aerodynamic design and to provide a stable operation through its intake guide vane. Another advantage of this model is that it takes up less space than rotating screw type compressors.
T2 series consists of vital components, such as air cooler, main motor, control panel, gear box, suction filter and all these will be fitted into one compact package. This simple design allows for smaller installation space and shorter installation time. The structure of the robust gear box provides the customers with high reliability by utilizing tilting pad journal bearing, customized core parts(Impeller, diffuser). These parts are designed with anti-wearing technology, built for long life and stable operation.
MODELS AND TECHNICAL INFORMATION
IHI centrifugal compressor is designed to be simple and reliable for easy maintenance, stable operation and maximizing uptime.
- Compressor Frame. The gear case and air coolers are casted together in a single, robust and compact structure. The compressor unit and air paths are surrounded by a thick, seamless wall that is also highly effective in reducing noise levels.
- Suction Filter. The suction filter uses a cartridge type element, which allows for easy replacement.
- Air coolers. To ensure the stable operation of the compressor, the coolers need to be cleaned periodically. The air coolers mounted on IHI centrifugal compressors are designed to allow water to flow along the pipes, and its simple structure makes cleaning very easy.
- Inlet Guide Vane. With the inlet guide vane(inlet throttle valve), air supply can be controlled in accordance with consumption. Further, the inlet guide vane enhances efficiency by providing preswirl flow to the air taken into the compressor in the same rotative direction as the impeller.
- Tilting pad journal bearingTilting pad journal bearing, which realize high-speed and stable operation, are adopted. Pad tilt will change in accordance with bearing load changes, which provides excellent compliance with load change in the compressor.
- Impeller. The three dimensional impeller, designed by making the fullest use of IHI’s extensive experience and cutting edge CFD technology, enables world top class efficiency and a wide operating range. The use of both titanium and high strength stainless steel means there is no need to worry about wear or corrosion.
- Diffuser. The velocity energy imparted to air by the rotation of the impeller is efficiently converted into pressure energy by the diffuser. Because the impeller and diffuser are analyzed together using cutting edge CFD technology, air turbulence is kept to an absolute minimum, and operating noise is extremely low.
- Labyrinth seal. For the air seal and oil seal, the labyrinth type, which has no contact with the shaft, is adopted, so there is no wear resulting from operation and no periodic replacement is required.
T2 series has been designed to be the more simple and robust option, therefore, minimizing maintenance cost and time as compared to rotary screw compressors which needs regular replacement for the capital parts.
The T2 series offers a wider range of aero design options than previous models. In addition, there is an intake guide vane that improves efficiency and ensures stable operation to meet customers’ requirements.
IHI DALGAKIRAN is proud to offer renowned rotary machinery technologies tailored to different areas, such as jet engines, turbochargers and compressors, as one of the world’s leading manufacturers of rotary machinery.
One of the most important features of IHI DALGAKIRAN centrifugal compressors is “Customization for the user”. The IHI DALGAKIRAN centrifugal compressor may provide optimized designs that meet your facility’s varying air requirements by combining more than 1,500 designed aero components developed using Computerized Fluid Dynamics (CFD) methods based on IHI DALGAKIRAN’s extensive experience. IHI DALGAKIRAN will always offer you the “best compressor solution”.
IHI centrifugal compressors supply 100% oil free air to the customers. They are classified under the latest ISO8573-1 Class 0 oil free, which is the highest grade for the purity of compressed air, by an independent third-party test house TÜV in Germany, minimizing the risk of oil contamination.